Wing Staff Biographies
WSO 4 Sqn Ldr Carl Wilson
Role: WSO – Wing Adventure Training Officer
Sqn’s: 126, 209, 1359, 2418 & 2425
- Joined the ATC in November 1989 at 138 (Radford) DF, East Midlands Wing.
- As a cadet I moved to 504 (West Nottingham) Sqn in January 1993, where I progressed to the rank of Cadet Warrnet Officer.
- Transfered to 1359 (Beeston) Sqn as a CWO as part of the Wings Staff Development program, where I was commissioned as a Pilot Officer in February 1998.
- Promoted to Flying Officer in February 2000.
- Promoted to Flight Lieutenant in June 2000 when I took command of 1359 (Beeston) Sqn.
- Transfered to 504 (West Nottingham) Sqn as the Sqn Commander in June 2002.
- Appointed as Civilian Instructor Course Director for South & East Midlands Wing in 2002, post held between 2002 and 2005.
- Joined the Wing Staff team for South & East Midlands Wing in August 2005 as the Wing Sports Officer.
- Promoted to Squadron Leader in November 2006
- 1st March 2008 I took on the role as the Wing’s Adventure Training Officer (WATTO) which involves BELA, NNAS and Fieldcraft Training (FCT).
- As of teh 1st January 2011 the Wing DofE role was added to my Wing duties
- Formal qualifications include Techincatian Certificate in refrigeration, Licentiateship in Youth Leadership and Training (LCCGI)
- Sqn Ldr Wilson is a Member of the Institute of Leadership & Management (MInstLM) and is also a Member of the Institute of Refrigeration (MInstR).
Maintenance Manager for an Industrial Refrigeration Company, based in Derby.