News Section

Amazing D of E Success for Sherwood Squadron

Article posted: Apr 02, 2014 by Wing Media & Comm Officer

Amazing D of E Success for Sherwood Squadron

2013 saw 2418 (Sherwood) Squadron achieve 43 Duke of Edinburgh Awards, consisting of 23 Bronze, 16 Silver and 4 Gold awards. Some of which are shown here receiving their awards from Sqn Ldr Carl Wilson.

Flight Lieutenant Donna Bates said “We have 50 enrolled cadets on the squadron, so that equates to 86%”. She continues “So what about the other 14%”. “Well they were simply under the age to enrol them in the DofE Scheme” replied Flight Lietenant David Wheeler. What an amazing set of results!

2014 should see the squadron continue this success as each cadet passing Bronze and Silver moves up to the next level.

Flight Lieutenant David Wheeler