Cadet Corporal Max Hart is the first Coalville Cadet to be awarded his food hygiene awareness certificate.
Cadet Corporal Max Hart has been studying for his level 1 award in food safety awareness online with high speed training. He has completed the syllabus in 3 two-hour sessions. The course covers
• Introduction to Food Safety – food poisoning and its symptoms and food hazards
• Food Safety Law – HACCP, responsibilities of a food business, who enforces the law, penalties for committing a food safety offence and your part in food safety
• Food Safety Hazards – where bacteria are found, harmful bacteria, conditions for growth, high and low risk foods and cross contamination
• General Food Safety Controls – food deliveries, temperature control, fridges and freezers, food preparation, reheating food and pest control.
• Cleaning and Disinfection – what are disinfectants and sanitizers? When to clean and disinfect, clean as you go and scheduled cleaning, cleaning equipment and dealing with rubbish
• Personal Hygiene – the importance of personal hygiene, hand washing, protective clothing and illness
Other members of the squadron are also studying for their qualifications, they are being assisted by Sergeant Simon Webster who works as a chef as well as being an adult volunteer with the Air Training Corps.
Corporal Max Hart said” I am really pleased to be the first to get my certificate, I am sure the qualification will be useful”.
Flying Officer Rebekah Harrison RAF VR(T), said” I am really pleased for Corporal Max Hart. It will be a valuable addition to his CV. It is just one of the many qualifications cadets can achieve through the Air Training Corps. There are also opportunities to study for first aid certificates, Btec’s, leadership awards and the Duke of Edinburgh award. Today young people need to make sure their CV stands out from the crowd and the extra qualifications are really valuable”.
Fg Off Harrison RAFVR (T)